It's Wedding Wednesday again!!! All this makes me so excited to get married. And I am in a wedding in 3 weeks so it makes so very excited.
Not to mention, I just got my dress today......... Sigh. Yes I wait until the last minute.
Who doesn't these days?
What? She said we could pick out any black dress we wanted. I had so many choices. But after awhile my head.. IT WANTED TO EXPLODE because they were all starting to look the same. Until I laid my sweet sweet eyes on lace.
Want to check out what I got? Okay.
I got this.
Now on to my next guest interviewee!!!! Kassi @ Truly Lovely
Me - RED // Kassi - BLACK
1. How long have you been married? My husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary on July 9, 2012. We were married on July 9, 2011 in a small town in Southeastern Arizona. Only a few miles from where I grew up in New Mexico.
2. How long before you got married did you know your husband? Did you meet him & date instantly or were you friends with him first? So funny story... I met my husband when we were just kids... I think we were both about 10-11 years old... We met at a rodeo dance where I grew up, exchanged addresses and were long distance pen pals for several years. I kept a few of the letters he sent me and still have them... BUT the other night while I was cleaning through some of his stuff I found the letters that I sent HIM! :) It made my whole month!!!
Long story short we grew up, got involved with sports and what not and just stopped writing eventually. BUT when I arrived to my first class as a freshman in college, there he was. :) We became friends again, started hanging out, and eventually dating. The rest is history.... ;)
4. What is your most memorable thing of your wedding day? Getting to see my soon to be husband right before our ceremony. We chose to do first look photos beforehand... Our photographer found this amazing field nearby and I distinctly remember walking down the hill towards him and seeing him standing there with his back towards me... I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned to me with this HUGE smile... Priceless.
5. How many bridesmaids did you have? Did you have a hard time picking them? I had six bridesmaids. Honestly, like I mentioned before, the hubs had a harder time narrowing his six down then I did. I have six very close girlfriends which is why we chose the number six... I have a lot of great friends, but these six have been the closest to me throughout my life. They still are... My sister was my maid of honor... then I had a friend that I grew up down the street from, one that the hubs grew up close to, but that I met and became friends with in college and three from different times throughout college... one of which lives in my neighborhood now and is engaged to the hub's best man. ;)
6. What were your colors? What made you chose them? Pink and turquoise with accents of black were our colors. I chose pink and turquoise because I love bright, fun colors. Black tied everything together.
7. Did you go on a honeymoon? What made you pick there? We didn't go on a honeymoon! The night of our wedding we rented a small cabin in the town where we got married, but only stayed there that night... The next day we came home to the house we'd just purchased.... Needless to say having just bought a home our finances didn't allow for a full blown honeymoon.
8. If you could eliminate something that you didn’t need on the day of your wedding what would it be? All I can think of that I could have done without is the STRESS leading up to the day... Now don't get me wrong, wedding planning itself can be stressful, but I really wasn't stressed until the month that our wedding was SUPPOSED to be... And the Wallow Fire (the largest fire in AZ state history) burned ALL around our wedding location... We ended up having to postpone our wedding a few weeks. That was the MOST stressful week of my life... the week we decided to postpone. But when it came down to it, I just made the conscious decision to be calm and I was. :)
9. Is there anything you wish you could do now that you didn’t? I wish I would have made a list of the photos I really wanted for our photographer... She did a really great job, but wasn't very outgoing... There were several shots that I would have liked to have gotten that she just didn't get...
10. What is your best advice to give to me? So... like I mentioned in number 8... Make the conscious decision to ENJOY the day. The day of if something goes wrong, there's not a whole lot you can do about it. Put someone in charge of the day itself. I had my good friend from high school be my sort of 'day of coordinator'. She had a list of things that needed to get done... she was in charge of getting people where they needed to be and I didn't have to worry about anything like that. Plus the stress wasn't put on my family or bridesmaids to do it either... Just buy whoever you chose a really nice gift. ;)
Thank you so so much Kassi!!!!
Again - if anyone interested in doing a Wedding Wednesday with me let me know!!!